Friday, December 11, 2009

Long Time Gone

Ok, so it's been a while since I updated, which is a personal bummer since I had been updating fairly frequently. Life catches up with you and you do the best you can to stay a head of the game but it doesn't always work out. That doesn't mean I haven't been watching movies.


Let's see....

There was GNAW - a British flick about a cannibalist killer staring a bunch of 20-somethings I couldn't give a rats fat @$$ about and was glad when they started getting killed off. There is the "edgy" girl with a secret and when we find out what the secret is I could already guess her fate.

The movie does something I hate because I find that it underminds my intelligence. The opening credits start with missing posters and newspaper articles and focus on one girl, who again appears as two of the characters eat at a burger roach coach with the male character staring hard and studying the missing poster.

So when her picture is found among the killer's layer there was no need to have the flashback showing this character looking at the missing poster again. I think the average audience is intelligent enough to realize it's the same girl. And you'd think with a premise this brutal that there would be more gore. Frankly the breakfast scene of blood sausage was more stomach turning than anything else in this movie. And the pacing drags a bit too. All in all I'd say watch it if there's nothing else on, otherwise, just watch Dawn of the Dead again.

No comments:

Post a Comment