Monday, January 3, 2011

Updates and What Nots

     I was actually surprised by the fact that it's been almost a year to the day since I last updated this blog. How times flies. Well, I am going to have to put the podcast idea on the back burner for a while since I returned to college this fall and the possibility I may be loosing my job making which may make my meager finances even more strained. I'll know more about that in a about a week.

So let's get to the important stuff - What have I been watching?

Recently I revisited Elvira: Mistress of the Dark  the 1988 film by the lovely lady in black. So this will never be considered a horror classic but it's fun and a great way to waste time.

I also revisited Freddy vs. Jason again, another great time waster and well, it has some great kills.

I also had a chance to see the much talked about, maligned and censored Serbian Film. My gut reaction was typical, disgust and distaste and the feeling of needing to have my soul take an acid bath. However I think I might venture to watch this film again to get past the sexual violence and depravity and see if there really is a diamond in all this rough. I figure I watch Mum & Dad so watching this again can't be that bad.

For Christmas my girlfriend got me Chiefs the 1983 mini series based on Stuart Woods' novel of the same name. If you aren't familiar with this story it takes place in the deep south in the 20's and runs through the 60's as a serial killer preys on boys in the small town of Delano, Georgia. My dad had a crappy VHS copy of Chiefs recorded directly from TV when I was younger. What sticks out most of all in my mind is a scene where Wayne Rogers discovers his son playing with his service revolver. To teach the boy that the pistol is not a toy he shoots a watermelon, blowing it to pieces. My dad was in law enforcement and I always wished that he would do something as cool as this.

Well, that's about it for now. As I remember more of this past year I will post more.




I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment